Resolutions, set some goals, make some plans. But will 2009 mark a change in your success level? Or will it be some good intentions, but actually business as usual?
Here’s how to make the most out of 2009:
Set aside some quiet time to think about what you really want for your life, and your business. Schedule this time on your calendar, turn off the phone, and write down your dreams, desires, and goals. It may help to ask the following questions:
- What’s my overall vision for my business in 2009?
- How much money do I want to make?
- How do I want to serve my clients?
- What do I want to do differently this year?
- What new actions will I take to build my business?
All these lead up to the question – What goals do I wish to accomplish this year?
For each goal, identify these 4 pieces:
1) Why – why is this goal important to my success?
1) Action Steps – the actions that it will take to complete it
2) Dates – when those actions will happen
3) Person – who will do them (you, or an assistant?)
Now here’s the important part: get out a calendar, and mark each action step, and your goal completion date in big letters.
Now you have a plan for your success!